It has been a long journey to achieve this great book. The volume reflects fundamental research perspectives in ESP in a wide range of ESP settings around the world. In addition, it provides examples of how ESP theories can converge with other language learning settings and research areas such as CLIL. The chapters in this book, which help us gain insights into the current practices, challenges and innovations in ESP instruction and research, are organized into four parts: (1) Explorations and challenges in ESP, (2) ESP instruction for specific skills and competencies, (3) Professional development for ESP Instructors and, (4) ESP in CLIL and EAP. This book will be of interest to practitioners, teacher educators and researchers working in the field of ESP, as well as readers interested in language education and curriculum development more broadly.
The book will come out in January 2020! For pre order, click here.
“Mediating Specialized Knowledge: Current approaches in ESP research and practice”
Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED),
21-22 May 2020
Dr Jim McKinley, University College of London, UK
“The importance of ESP in English medium instruction in higher education”
Dr Huang Jian, Central University of Finance and Economics, China
“A Case Probe into the Process of an Established NNS Computer Scientist Preparing for English Academic Presentation”
Dra. Elena Bárcena Madera, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Spain
“The changing face of English language teaching in the modern technological society”
International ESP Teachers’ Association (IESPTA) invites proposals for the 4th international ESP conference that will be held on May 21-22, 2020, at National Distance Educational University (UNED), in Spain. This conference is devoted to highlighting contributions in ESP through a call to embrace researchers worldwide as world citizens who are interested in ESP.
The conference theme is “Mediating Specialized Knowledge: Current approaches in ESP research and practice”. This conference is expected to foster interdisciplinary studies to foster ESP in an engaging milieu and make connections among ESP researchers. We look forward to receiving your abstracts and welcoming you according to your research interests, including but not limited to:
- Curriculum development and evaluation
- Emerging digital technologies in language learning and teaching
- Teaching and testing techniques
- Assessment challenges
- Teacher education and development
- Materials development in teaching ESP
- Second language acquisition in specialized contexts
- Needs assessment and new approaches to needs analysis
- Discourse analysis
- Descriptions of specialized varieties of English
- Educational policies and language learning and teaching
- Migration and language learning and teaching
- Future dimensions in English language learning and teaching
- Reading and academic writing
- Methods of teaching ESP translation: course organization, preparation of materials, assessment
- Terminological problems in specialised translation/interpreting
- ESP across Disciplines
- ESP and Education Policies
- New Developments in Syllabus Design
- Digital World and ESP
- Corpus in ESP
- ESP in English Medium Instruction (EMI)
- Integrating Content and Language in ESP
- Future dimensions of ESP
- ESP at workplace
CFPESP20 call for papers
*** Deadline for abstract submission is 29 November 2019!
Don’t miss the deadline! Have your place at this conference and share your research with your colleagues from all over the world. Submit your paper!
Another ESP book is coming out with Vernon Press! If you have any paper you want to publish, send it via email.
Posted in Blog
Tagged deadline, ESP