What would you say in the following situations?
1. You met a new colleague for the first time. What would you say?
2. You are late for the meeting. What would you say?
3. You want to talk to the manager of the Production Department and switchboard answers. What would you say?
4. Two colleagues are discussing the new production line. You don’t share the same idea. What would you say?
5. You are sick and you won’t be able to go to work. What would you say?
The situations above can be presented as a flash card. Students work in group or pairs -depends on the number of students in the classroom. Each students get one situation card and make suggestions what he/she would say in that situation. Examples can be differentiated.